Final Days with Berryz ♦ 'Munasawagi Scarlet' Single + MV Review!

Randomly jumping from the chibi era to their late teenage years would've been pretty awkward.. Hmm. that's why I decided to review a nice transition single. This took place within their early teenage years? I think everyone was at least thirteen in this single. Today, I shall review...

MUNASAWAGI SCARLET

╰( ´・ω・)つ──☆✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

First of all, I wonder where did they get the idea for a tennis motif for the single covers... How the heck did they get tennis? I constantly wonder about that. Instead of the girls wearing the iconic pink and red outfits, let's just put them in tennis outfits.. You know what, I actually approve of that. At least they look cute. Those other outfits though.. Meh, I'll talk about it later in the entry. And when I mean later, I mean a few paragraphs from now. /whacked;

- - 01. 胸さわぎスカーレット - - 

Munasawagi Scarlet was also one of the first couple songs that I listened to from Berryz Koubou. I listened to this song right after Koi no Jubaku and Rival. I was immediately drawn to the song. I fell in love with the song right away. Berryz Koubou is a group of very good singers. They had a lot of good songs in their earlier years. Ahh, those were the good days. While I absolutely love the song, I absolutely hate the music video. Err-

The music video felt like it was all over the place. It was a mish-mash of everything. First of all, I didn't really like the setting for the music video. First, there was the dance shot. It resemble a bit wide red catwalk, with orange stripes on it and lights. And there was also shimmering gold curtains with random stars on it and a disco ball in the center of the room. That entire set was just tacky. It was absolutely tacky. It was the same for the make-up set too...

While the make-up scenes were quite cute, they also felt out of place. I guess the close-ups were okay. It was just a simple green background. But it suits the color scheme nicely: the green, the pink, the red. I honestly didn't really like the dance for it. While it does go with the beat of the song, it looked a bit.. ridiculous at some points. Sorry to everyone who actually like the dance.. It's quite easy to remember but it just doesn't impress me.

And now, let's start talking about the outfits. I have quite mixed feelings about the girls' appearance for this music video. Everyone looked very lovely. Risako looked adorable, Miyabi looked pretty. I love their simple hairstyles and make-up. However, I absolutely hate the outfits. The pink tops seem fine.. and then it was matched together with these hideous, tacky large red pants. Honestly, they should've used a long red skirt instead. Also, those black boots clash with the rest of the outfit.

While I don't really like the music video, I absolutely love the song. It's great song that has a very catchy melody. To me, it's a very loud and fun song. You can easily dance to it. Honestly, I feel like this is a song only Berryz Koubou can pull off nicely. This is a song just for them. This is their style of music. I honestly cannot imagine anyone else singing 'Munasawagi Scarlet.'

There's absolutely nothing I dislike in this song. I absolutely love it. While they do not have equal line distribution, the harmonies were just amazing. Momoko and Miyabi sounded amazing together and harmonize perfectly for this song. Risako, who got a few solo lines, did her best. She didn't sound out of place, which is good. I have nothing else to say about this song. I absolutely love it. Just go listen to it. I love this song. And the lyrics aren't that bad either.

- - 02. 会いたいけど... - - 

Similar to 'Passion E-CHA E-CHA,' I never really listened to this song either. I never really listened to this song until now. This song has become another one of the many filler songs on my iPod. I don't listen to it but I can't bring myself to delete it either. What if ten years later, I want to download the song again but it's nowhere to be find? I need to prepare for that. As always, I have the tendency to skip this song. It's not that memorable to me, unfortunately.

Now that I'm actually sitting down and taking the time to listen to the song, it somewhat reminds me of 'Aruiteru' mixed with 'Arigatou! Otomodachi' and 'NATURE IS GOOD!' It has a very light-hearted feel to it. It's not that overwhelming either and pretty easy on the ears. It's a very mellow, andante (walking pace) song. Honestly, I feel like this could be the ending to a girly school anime. Also, I want to note that it has a bit of an old, vintage feel to it. There's guitars and few flutes (I'm assuming). Also, was there bagpipes in it? I don't know.. It sounds vaguely similar.

*I must be totally wrong. I'm absolutely sorry. Feel free to correct me. /whacked;

Overall, it's a pretty decent song. However, it's still not that memorable to me. It didn't really impress me, whatsoever. I don't think that song will grow on me either. Nonetheless, the girls do deliver good vocals in this song. It's a pretty cute song, in its own way. This song was rarely performed. It was only performed twice, only twice. I have nothing to say about that. It's a pretty bland song. It didn't excite me. /shrug; The song title made it seem promising, but I ended up being disappointed in the end.

╰( ´・ω・)つ──☆✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Overall, I think it's a decent single. It's quite passable. I didn't really like the music video, nor the B-side. 'Munasawagi Scarlet' was an amazing song, though. I still love it. My next review for Berryz Koubou will be a single from their late teenage years. Can you guess what it will be?~ Also, if anyone has anything they want me to review from Berryz Koubou.. feel free to comment below and I'll get to it~ Until my next post, jyaa ne~

MUSIC; 恋詩 / 安田レイ
MOOD; A bit tired from doing homework, actually.. (´□`川)

Comments

Popular Posts