Final Days with Berryz ♦ 'Heroine ni Narou ka!' Single + MV Review!

This is probably a favorite for most Berryz Koubou fans, from what I observe. Honestly, this is one of my favorite songs form Berryz Koubou as well. Honestly, I don't think you can really hate this single at all. I think all the good points about this single- it outweighs the bad. This single took place post-Inazuma Eleven era~ Today, I shall be reviewing...

HEROINE NI NAROU KA!

੭•̀ω•́)੭̸*✩⁺˚*✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚*✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚*✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚   

Let's all become heroes! Girls, let's all become heroines- yeah! From what I observe, fans call this single the last good single of Berryz Koubou. Afterwards, everything else was just wrong. In my opinion, everything doesn't really go wrong until a certain single came out. I'll review that single later on so- try to guess which single I hate. Hahaha. Anyways, this is the single that everyone cannot really hate. Everyone practically loves the single, including me. What makes the single so great? Well let's go and see~

- - 01. ヒロインになろうか! - -

So let's start with the music video, as always. The music video was very standard for Hello! Project. There wasn't anything different about it or extraordinary about it. It was just your standard Hello! Project music video. However, the way they filmed this music video and how it all came together- it made the music video so much more than that! It became one of the best Berryz Koubou music videos I've ever seen. I'm very serious, guys.

The setting was rather simple. The girls were placed in a simple, empty room for the dance shot. Usually, I don't really like box sets. However, they really made it work for this music video! They were a bright neon lights in the background. They had all these light patterns in the backgrouns, which attracts the viewers! For the other scenes, it took place in a somewhat vintage-styled house setting. I'm assuming that it's somewhat a house setting. I may or may not be correct. Either way, I like that setting too.

The dance for the song was rather cool. It's seems fairly easy yet at the same time, it can also be a little bit difficult. So it's an intermediate level dance~ The dance is rather memorable~ I have yet to actually learn the entire dance routine; however, there are some moves that I remember~ This song easily makes you want to dance~ It compliments the song so well~ I absolutely have no complaints about the dance. I'm good here, guys.

Oh my god, don't get me started on the outfits and the close-ups. For the close-ups, the girls were donning a combined Lady Gaga and Ke$ha look. When I first watched the music video years ago, I found it to be slightly strange. However, when watching the music video again now, I absolutely like it! This is seriously unique and I love how they did the make-up for the girls. The girls simply look amazing. It's just... Wow. I just love it. The make-up is the iconic symbol for this song~ At least, it's the most iconic symbol for me.


The other, more casual, outfits also look amazing on the girls. I think everyone rocked their outfits. In my opinion, I love Miyabi's outfits the most. Also, at the same time, she also really stood out to me. She's just so pretty in this music video! Yurina and Maasa also look lovely in this single too~ You know what, forget it. Everyone looked great in this single! No one felt out of place. Well, except for Momoko. She didn't really rock her Lady Gaga-Ke$ha look too well, but I'll let it go. I love this music video. Everything just fell perfectly into place.

After talking about the music video, let's just right into the song. Similar to their previous single 'Shining Power,' the song is lead by the beautiful Yurina. Along with 'Shining Power,' I think that this song was also made for Yurina! She was totally rocking this single. She was the center of the dance. And that last line of hers 'Heroineeeeeeee' was just flawless. I remember going crazy back for this song years ago, I really did love this song!

Another thing that I love about this song is that everyone gets a chance to sing. Everyone got at least two solo lines in this song. They had a pretty equal line distribution, in my opinion~ I think everyone sounded amazing. No one felt out of place at all. When reading the lyrics, the song had a sense of 'girl power' in it. At least, that's how I interpret. However, in general, I see this as a song of encouragement~ It does have meaning to it, which I really like~

Overall, I really love this song. It has become one of my most favorite songs from Berryz Koubou. It's really up high on the list. It's probably around the top twenty- top fifteen. This is a seriously good song. And to new fans of Hello! Project, I recommend listening to this song. Also, I want to point out that this was Berryz Koubou's first single to get #1 on the Oricon Daily Chart. It was only for one day, but it was still good! Yes, hehehe~

- - 02. ヒーロー現る! - -

One thing I love about this single is that they continue on with the theme of 'heroes' into the b-side~ Like most b-sides from Berryz Koubou, I never really had the chance to actually sit down and listen to 'Hero Arawaru.' I don't know what's with me and Berryz Koubou's b-sides. They're really good songs but I can't bring myself to listen to it that often. I don't listen to it that often, but I don't want to delete it either. However, after listening to this song again, I love it!

The song has a bit of a pop-rock feel to it~ It's a very up-beat song that will make you dance~ Honestly, I feel like this song could be the OST to a drama or something. I don't know, that's how I feel. In this song, there is little to no solo lines. I think there was only three solo lines and they went respective to Yurina, Saki, and Momoko. However, everything else was group lines~ 98% of the entire song was group lines~ Everyone sounded amazing~

Another thing that I like about this song is that- while 'Heroine ni Narou ka!' is a song of encouragement to girls, 'Hero Arawaru!' is a song of encouragement to boys~ Everyone gets the best of both worlds! However, even if you're not a boy, this is still generally a song of encouragement to everyone~ The lyrics do have meaning to them~ Honestly, I can't bring myself to dislike this song at all. This is just too good for me. I really love it!

੭•̀ω•́)੭̸*✩⁺˚*✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚*✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚*✩⁺˚ *✩⁺˚   

And that's all for my review for Berryz Koubou's 'Heroine ni Narou ka!' single. Honestly, you can't really hate this single. I cannot find a single bad thing about this song. That's just how good it is. My next review will be pretty negative since I'm gonna review the single that brought Berryz Koubou's downfall. I'm just warning you guys ahead of time! Until my next entry, jyaa ne~

MUSIC; Finally Over / A.B.C-Z
MOOD; Productive. In a working mood~(✿´‿`)

Comments

Popular Posts