Album Review! S/mileage's ② Smile Sensation

It's been awhile since they released an album but now it's out! And here is my review for it! This is my review for S/mileage's second album "② Smile Sensation"!
[Gif] [Yaotome Hikaru
Now I wasn't that excited for the album at all, I didn't really care. The only thing I liked about it was that all the girls was dressed in such pretty dresses and were princesses! Since they were wearing different dresses for the limited and regular edtions -- let's start off the regular.
All the members looked stunning and so beautiful! Ayaka was wearing this beautiful white dress and for second, I thought that was a wedding dress! Oh my~ Kanyon was absolutely pretty in pink. She absolutely looked like a princess! Meimei rocked her dress! It wasn't the prettiest in my opinion but she absolutely rocked it! Out of the all the girls, Ayaka and Meimei had the best. Akari didn't appeal to me that much because of her boyish appearance she looked out of place ..

Then there was the limited edition where the girls were wearing black and white outfits. This totally contrasted to their "elegant angel" princess appearance. I prefer the limited edition and the girls totally rocked their outfits as always! Akari still looked out of place in this one because of boyish image but I didn't mind it that time.

Okay, now for the songs. I will skip songs like Tabidachi no Haru ga Kita and Samui Ne. since I've reviewed those songs before already. But what I have heard from all the new songs of the album, this is seriously an "Ojou-sama's" album. It suited that "Ojou-sama" image which really amazed me. I did not expect that. (ノ゚0゚)ノ~ But still, I was happy~
[SUMMARY 2010] Yabu Kota [JUMParty 1] InooBu
Well anyways, the first song is "Shin • Nippon no Susume!"That song is one heck of an "Ojou-sama" song. All the girls were singing with such powerful and deep voices in the beginning and I love that! I was utterly speechless when I first listened to this. I was like "Is this seriously S/mileage? OMG!" Usually, I have the image of S/mileage singing such cutesy songs but this was like, "WHAO." The song somehow made me think of Inoo and how he is like the queen of JUMP and all~ Haha~
[Ya-Ya-Yah] Inoo Kei [2] [Ya-Ya-Yah] Inoo Kei [3]
The next song is "Otona no Tochuu" and I happen to really like this song a lot. It was really catchy to me. I really like the autotune and how they sung "YO NO NAKA BAKA NA NO" which was, I admit, one of my favorite parts of the song. It was different from most songs that S/mileage would sing so I really liked it.

Okay, now here is the cutesy song that S/mileage would usually sing which is "Tenshinranman." It really reminded me of Tabidachi no Haru ga Kita but I didn't really mind it at all. It was really a fun and energetic song that gave me that "Sunny, happy day~" kind of feel to it.

"Watashi no Kokoro" is the next track and it's a ballad. It had a good tempo to it and this is what Samui Ne. should have been! I never really did like Samui Ne. but it was so out of place. I felt relaxed as I listened to the ballad. This surpasses Samui Ne. but like A LOT! It was a really nice ballad to me~

Okay, next is "Yuugare Koi no Jikan." It seriously reminded me of HARVEST's "Forest Time" for me. It had that whole "country, skipping through the meadows" kind of feel to it. I know in the limited edition, there is going to be solo close up versions of each member singing this. Like how Berryz Koubou did with Succha ka Meccha ka~. I hope they filmed it outside on a nice, sunny day~
tumblr_m5xx9rx1lN1qh7tjoo2_250 tumblr_m5xx9rx1lN1qh7tjoo3_250
"Nee Senpai" gave me that image of waiting for your prince to come. I don't know what the real, accurately translated lyrics of the song was but it gave me that kind of feeling. Like you have a crush on your sempai but he seems to oblivious to you and all. It had that a sort of cutesy rock feel to it.

And now finally is the last track, "Sayonara Sayonara Sayonara." It had the whole "Samui ne." feel to it. It was nice song to listen to but I know Tsunku could do better than that. And at some points, it had that digital tune to it that seemed really unnecessary but it's there so I was like "whatever~" and continued listening to it. It was okay in my opinion.

So that concludes my review on S/mileage's new album! I liked the songs and all the members did great in this, so yea~ When I go on my trip to California in June, I was go on a hunt and try to find this album and buy it! I'm gonna try buying limited but if I can't find it - - I'll go for regular. Hehe. Well until my next post~
[Juniors!] Nakayama Yuma
-------------------------------
Song: "Senbonzakura" by Hatsune Miku / "Shunkashuutou" by LoVendoЯ
Mood: Music makes everything better~ ♪♪(o*゜∇゜)o~♪♪

Comments

Popular Posts