Let's go with your comprehensive mind~

S/mileage seriously got a huge push from Tsunku! They're redeeming themselves!

So I'm pretty sure everyone has seen S/mileage's new MVs for their new double a-side single "Atarashii Watashi ni Nare! / Yattaruchan." Yaaaaaaabai, Tsunku is seriously gave S/mileage one big push because this two MVs were amazing. Oh my god, after a flawless album, they gave me a flawless single. Holy crap.

Here's a little back story for you people. I used to not like S/mileage. Like, I loved the 4-nin S/mileage back in their debut days but when Saki and Yuuka left - I completely lost interest in S/mileage. Yuuka was like my number one, she was all I had. I still was a fan of S/mileage because of Dawa and Kanyon. I didn't like the new girls and thought that Tsunku was going to push them aside.
I hated Tachiaagirl and Chotto Matte Kudasai. And I felt that I was being dragged on and on, but by the time Dot Bikini was released, I found myself starting to really like S/mileage again. I started to know more about the new members and such. By the time Tabidachi no Haru ga Kita was released, I absolutely started to love them again. The single was absolutely perfect. They released their second album and now we have this single! S/mileage has seriously redeemed themselves.

Okay, now let's start this review~ First I'm gonna start off with Yattaruchan~

Kana really got a big push in Yattaruchan. She got the spotlight. She was center and I absolutely loved it. I watched their new MV on Hello! Station and absolutely fell in love with it. I loved the deep, low voices and it was amazing. I swear I was all "HOLY CRAP. IS THAT REALLY S/MILEAGE?!" during the entire music video. Even though it was still cutesy and the MV setting really reminded me of a video game, I still loved it.

The song was really great and catchy and I really love it! I love the deep voices, I loved hearing S/mileage's new voice. I really like the Kanyon-Akari-Meimei lead with Kana as center. I feel so bad for Rinappu since she got nothing from this MV. Ayaka didn't really get anything here too. But I felt as if she pushed herself so that she could show that she was still there, somehow. Also, the oufits reminded me of the outfits Morning Musume Sakuragumi wore in their Hare Ame Noshi Suki MV. But S/mileage's was so much better!

Next, we have Atarashii Watashi ni Nare! .. S/mileage should be rated R, sowwy.

This MV came out when I was still in California. My flight to L.A got delayed so I was using the airport's wi-fi doing my usual thing: trying to looking at pictures and gifs on Tumblr and such. So I went on Youtube and saw that S/mileage uploaded the MV for "Atarashii Watashi ni Nare!" and oh my flipppin' god, bad move on my part. It was so sensual and after the first five seconds of it, I turned off my iPad since I was in an airport and there were people around me! Aaaaaawkward.

In Atarashii Watashi ni Nare!, we finally see the Kanyon-Dawa lead again with some Meimei-Akari squished in there somewhere. Kana and Rinappu was squished in the back but the were there. It's nice to see that everyone got at least one solo line. No offense to Rinappu, but she was awkward in this MV. Sowwy. But anyways, everyone looked flawless. I love the setting and the outfits and I love the close-ups (like in they would be in some sort of alley and have the spotlight on them like what they did in Kimagure Princess)~

Well that's all for now~ Overall, I really love S/mileage's new MVs and can't wait to buy their single (if I can.) Go buy their new single and support them everyone! Go! Go! Go!
------------------------------
Song: "Hot Couture" by Manila Luzon (it's so catchy, I blame my friend)
Mood: Crazyyy  ┌(★o☆)┘

Comments

Popular Posts