Well, JUMP Got Themselves a New Image.

I don't know what to say about this single, it has its good things and its bad things.

So the single was actually released on THAT day also known as Ryutaro's graduation. Whao, I just noticed that. Oooh .. awkward. Well anyways, here it is. My review for Hey! Say! JUMP's recent new single "Come On A My House." I'm not really gonna say a lot about this single so yea, sowwy ahead of time if the review is too short. Now, how should I start this? Let's start off with the MV.

The MV was really colorful, well at least it wasn't as colorful as Magic Power. Magic Power was all rainbows and oldie-ish stuff. Come On A My House was more of a party-themed MV and out of the two, I can admit that I like Come On A My House more. It was a pretty cute MV and I came to love it along with the song - the song still annoys me at times though, but it's okay now I guess.

So the MV was pretty much about how JUMP was living in a sharehouse /sharehouse no koibito lol/ and soon enough, they get a call form "jumping girl" who's going to come over to their house. It was a pretty cute, as said before, and was pretty funny too. Inoo and Keito finally got some more screentime like THANK THE LORD. Now only if they can actually get more solos. Plus there was a cute little dog in the MV~

I really liked the scene on when JUMP is freakin' out and trying their best to clean up. Keito was standing there, commanding them to clean, and then Chinen threw stuff at him /poorbby. But it was a pretty cute and funny too~ Also, they used a lot of stuff from past MVs. The most obvious one was their outfit from "Arigatou ~Sekai no Doko ni Itemo~" - I also spotted the phone they used in "OVER." This MV was kind of like JUMP's comeback MV.

Out of everyone, Chinen appealed the best in this MV. He looked sharp in that suit, what an ikemen~ In the making, Yuto said that Chinen was "the only one working." Like he's the head of the JUMP family, lol. But seriously, he was an ikemen in this MV and I love his new haircut! His new haircut made him look so mature and manly~ Ikemen desu ne~ Overall, I really like this MV.

Now let's move onto the single tracklist~ There was an overall of five songs, two fo which are BEST's and 7's new songs. So here is my song review~

First of all, we got the A-side, the title track "Come On A My House." Man, the Japanese should work on the Engrish more. It's "Come On At My House." At. At. AT. At first, I really hated it. The song really annoyed me and I refused to listen to it. I had to literally be tied to my chair in order to listen to the song (it literally did happen.) I assumed that it was going to be like Magic Power, once the MV would come out - I'll start liking this song. And I did, because of the MV. It was a really cute song though and it was nice seeing Chinen be the main vocalist (aside from Yamada.)

Now, we have the main b-side, the song that ruined everything for me "BOUNCE." I really had so many mixed feelings about it. When it first came out I was all "It's okay, I guess. Sounds decent enough .. At least it wasn't as bad as Come On A My House." But so many Tobikkos loved it so much and I heard it so many times that I just got sick of it. This song ruined all hope for this single for me. In my opinion, BOUNCE sounded so much like KPOP. I was all like "no, just no. lol nope, never gonna listen to this again." But overall, I guess it isn't as bad as Riho's bad singing so it's decent I guess? I still don't like it though.

Now we have "New Hope ~Konna ni Bokura wa Hitotsu~." I will never remember this entire song title, it's too long so I'll shorten it to just New Hope. It was a really nice song, I guess. It remember me of some songs from JUMP's "JUMP WORLD" album like Together forever. It was a really nice ballad to listen to and I wish that this song was promoted more than BOUNCE, but people still like BOUNCE more. For some reason, it reminded me of Hello! Project song. Overall, it was a really nice ballad with nice melodies and I actually enjoyed listening to "New Hope."

Next is 7's new song which is "Just for You." Oh my god, oh my god. Keito got a freakin' solo! Oh my god, his voice is just perfection. Someone give this flawless gentlemen a solo album! Keito, I love you so much. I wish you get your own solo album and single and I will buy it right away .. Just for You reminded me a lot of a KPOP ballad so it's not my favorite. But it was nice to listen to and all of 7 really did great. But still, it still reminded me of a KPOP ballad.

And now, I saved the best for last. The most flawless song and the definition of JUMP perfection, BEST's new song "SCRAMBLE." Lyrics written by Yabumama~ I remember how I first listen to the concert rip, oh my god. I fell in love~ This song was just pure flawless perfection~ I love it so much, this is my favorite song in the single~ Hehe~ But the only thing was that Inoochi didn't get a solo .. I want him to get a solo. But overall, I love love love this song.

Overall, this single tracklist was okayish (except for BOUNCE which pretty much ruined everything for me.) I really like this and I might end up buying this single if I choose to. Apparently, it's number one on the Oricon charts now so I guess it's doing okay for a comeback single. So yea, that's it. until my next post~ peace~
--------------------------------
Song: Hello! Project 15th Anniversary Winter ~Viva!~ Medley
Mood: Okay (`・ω・´)”

Comments

Popular Posts