Berryz Koubou, your MVs are amazing but –

This time, I shall do a review on Berryz Koubou's brand-new MV, "Golden Chinatown."
[Golden Chinatown] Shimizu Saki
Saki, you are so flawless in this MV. Oh my god.
The MV was uploaded onto Berryz Koubou's official YouTube channel and it's in HD! Like 1080p, people! That HD! I was so happy about that High Definition, Tsunku keep it up! Lovin' the HD! This is one of the two new MVs that will be uploaded, but for now - - let's just focus on the main a-side, "Golden Chinatown." Now, I can so see the where "China" pun is coming from. Like Risako and Miyabi kept singing it over and over, like oh gosh. But oh wells. I actually like the setting of the MV. It had that whole elegant, "golden" feel to it. Also, it really complimented the girls' outfits as well.
[Golden Chinatown] Tokunaga Chinami
Now, all the girls had different gold outfits. Out of everyone, Saki and Yurina had the best and rocked their outfit the best. Maasa and Risako, as much as I love them, probably had the worst. I feel like Tsunku should have done better with their outfits. They were so pretty but their outfits was just a no-no. Miyabi, being the fashion leader of Berryz Koubou, also rocked her outfit as well. Momoko would have been perfect if she didn't have those pigtails of her. I just wanted to take scissors and chop 'em off. But overall, everyone looked stunning.
[Golden Chinatown] Natsuyaki Miyabi
Also, for some reason, the MV really reminded me of AKB48's "Flying Get." In both MVs, the setting was red and the outfits was gold. Also, both MVs have some sort of association with the whole China feel. Like for AKB48, their golden dresses were based off Chinese dresses in a way and there was another MV for Flying Get where they were fighting and wearing Chinese dresses. Berryz Koubou had the whole "China" pun but in the music break, there were some sounds that had that Chinese reference to me. So yea, both MVs are somewhat similar in my opinion.
[Golden Chinatown] Sugaya Risako
Now, in terms of the song, it did not make any sense what-so-ever. Tsunku has also given this MV subtitles and the English lyrics did not make sense. Like I feel like Tsunku just compiled random different lyrics that he has been working on and mashed them together in this song. But then again, when the fan-subtitled versions come out, it'll probably make more sense. This is starting to be a new thing for Hello! Project and they're gonna keep subbing new MVs from now on.
[Golden Chinatown] Kumai Yurina
Now it's nice to see another Yurina-centered MV. Like back in Shining Power, Yurina was like the definite center for that and I loved it. Yurina was so flawless in this, she was absolutely gorgeous. She started song, she was the center of the dance, Yurina is just perf. Now, I didn't hear as much Risako-Miyabi in this song. Like I felt like the other five lead the song which I really like. I was starting to get tired of the Risako-Miyabi lead and I was hoping for Yurina and Saki and Maasa. At least everyone had at least one solo line, I'm already happy.
[Golden Chinatown] Tsugunaga Momoko
Well that's all for this post. There isn't really that much I can say for this. I like the MV but the song was like iffy for me. I gonna keep thinking about the song and decided whether or not I like the song or not. I also just noticed that this is my first post for June! It's already June~ Yay~ So yea, more entries. And I still need to do that review on EXO's new MV for Mayu, my cousin. So yea, until my next post~
[Golden Chinatown] Sudou Maasa
----------------------------------
Song: "Flying Get" by AKB48
Mood: "Flying get~ Boku wa hitoashi saki ni~ ♪ ♪" ヾ(゚∀゚ゞ) ♪

Comments

Popular Posts