GASP! Morning Musume's Revenge! Their 54th Single and MV Review!

Morning Musume wants Revenge! They're making a comeback! Whoo!

I have held off on this review because I want to review this single and MVs as a whole. I wanted to review all of it together. Now, I'm gonna say this. Morning Musume has gone BADASS. This new single is so epic and awesome and a great way to kick off a new era: the post-Reina era. Now I love Reina and I miss her, but I'm so glad that she's gone! Since the release of One • Two • Three, I have felt that all the songs up 'til now has only been made for her. Like she's the only one that can sing these songs. But now that she's graduated, Morning Musume has been reborn! And they're making -as I say- a comeback in the music industry.

Let's first start off with the MVs. Ever since the release of the dance shot of Ai no Gundan, a lot of fans especially me have been excited for the release of the MVs. I'm pretty sure everyone was shocked when they first saw the dance shot. I mean seriously, it was definitely amazing. I loved the outfits, the dance was cool, and everyone did great. I was in pure shock for the rest of that day or something. Since then, I have looked forward to the MVs.
It wasn't long until the MVs for Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke and Ai no Gundan was released on Hello! Station. Everyone was looking forward to it. And when I watched the MVs, I was also in total shock because of how amazing and epic these MVs came out to be. And the MV for Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke was filmed on a stage. They had a location, an actual set. They're not in the studio! Which also adds to how amazing the MV came out to be.

Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke is my favorite out of the two in terms of MV. First of all, they had an actual set - they went out to film on a stage, to film in a specific location. This was different from what they had done in the past which really impressed me! And I hope they continue doing this with future singles.
Also, I was so glad that they had two costumes. The first costumes I saw were the white and black dress-gogoboots thing. When I first saw it, I hated it. I still hate it now. I honestly thought Morning Musume was going to make a fool of themselves ... They're pretty, don't worry! They did look pretty and but the dresses were absolutely ridiculous. But I loved their total black alternative outfits! They rocked those outfits. To be honest, I feel like those black outfits fit the image of the song more.
Now we got the dance~ The dance was really sharp and epic. I absolutely loved the bitch-slapping scenes. Boooooii, they got sass. Hahaha, lol. But seriously, I really did like the bitch-slapping scenes. I also really liked how they formed the question mark and the X mark in the dance which was awesome, great positioning. Out of the dances that Morning Musume has done, this is by far my favorite and I'm currently learning the dance to it. So far, I got the bitch-slapping and the "Aisaretai!" parts down. I'm a "my pace" person, don't blame me.
The song also literally blew me away. It was so epic and Mizuki is just so AMAZING. Mizuki has improved so much and finally got her position as the main vocalist. I loved her "Aisaretai" parts along with Masaki's part which was awesome. The song was processed and autotuned as always, but I didn't really care about it. I was really concerned about Riho, since we all know she can't sing to save her life most of the time. I feel like she's straining herself and during lives, her "Aisaretai!" are weak. Luckily, when I was watching their performance of Music Dragon, Riho nailed her part! Good job Riho! You're on the slow path of improvement.
Overall, this was a really great MV and one of my personal favorites now. Whoot~

Next, let's move on with the review for "Ai no Gundan" yay~ I was also really blown away with this MV and how pretty it actually was. Even though it didn't have a location and was filmed in the studio like always, I also came to really like this MV. I honestly liked how they made a reference to chess with the red and black and the checkered floor. Now I know someone on Tumblr said this but I really liked the theory of the red representing love and the black representing the difficulties that one must overcome. Like so much symbolism in one MV! Oh my gawd.
I really liked the costumes, especially Haruka's - she was gorgeous. (maybe I should write up a Marius/Haruka fanfic hmm) Everyone was stunning in their red/black outfits. I really liked the whole military-sailor feel to them. Can I have one? Kekeke. Then Tsunku went above and beyond to include the pure white outfits. Like oh my god! Like stop! Stop it! They're already frekin' flawless! I was all "oh shit" when I first saw the white scenes, like stop it! So flawless! Too much perfection.
To be honest, I didn't like this dance as much as I liked Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke. Yeah, I agree that it fits the song perfectly at some points in the choreography but it's not that interesting and the dance mostly centered on Riho, Mizuki, Sakura, and Ayumi. Some points in the choreography was also kinda weird in my opinion which is also another reason why the dance didn't really appeal to me.
The song was amazing, as always. I absolutely love the song and I love the Sakura lead. I loved her last part with "Bonnou Honnou~" - she's definitely one of the best singers in the current Morning Musume and I wish that Tsunku could've just given all of Ai's and Gaki's lines to her instead of Riho. Riho, as much as I love you, you will never be Ai or Gaki. To be honest, I didn't like Sayumi's little autotune part there. It was really over-processed so I didn't like it as much.
Overall, I also really liked this MV. I was kinda iffy since they brought back the glitter, like waeeeee. But during the close up, they tried to make us believe that the glitter was actually bubble. Okay, one thing. I love bubbles that was so a nice touch! I really liked this MV, yay~ Haruka was so pretty in her close-ups my gawd.

Now let's just move on with the b-sides since you already know about my thoughts on the A-sides. Let's start off with the first of the three b-sides which is "Makeru Kishinai Kon'ya no Shoubu." I probably won't be able to remember that title since it's so long. Out of the three, this is my favorite b-side. I really liked the "WOW WOW" parts. I feel like this song is a combination of Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke and Ai no Gundan. I don't know, that's just how I felt when I first listened to this song.
The second b-side is "Boy" (or romanized as Bouya) which is sung by Sayumi, Mizuki, Haruna, Masaki, and Haruka. This is my second favorite of the three b-sides. It was really nice b-side, I'll admit. But I feel like this song is just a throwback to Aishuu Romantic and Tokimeku Tokimeke. I also wished that Haruna and Masaki and Haruka would get a few more lines. Because Sayu and Mizuki practically overshadowed and I mostly heard only them in the song, like I couldn't hear the other three except for at certain points. But this is a good b-side in my opinion, so I do like it.
Now the third b-side is "Funwari Koibito Ichinensei" which is sung by Eripon, Riho, Kanon, Ayumi, and Sakura. I fell asleep listening to this b-side, I literally did fell asleep when I listened to this. It didn't interest me that much. This song was a throwback to Watashi no Dekkai Hana. It's funky and cool but it really reminded me of Watashi no Dekkai Hana. Although, I really loved Ayumi and Eripon's rapping. And Kanon was amazing with her solo lines.

So overall, this single was amazing. I loved it and I will so buy it, if I ever get the chance. But as of now, please buy this single and support Morning Musume! Onegaishimasu~ That's all for my review~ Until my next post~ Jyaa ne~
----------------------------------------
Song: "Funwari Koibito Ichinensei" by Morning Musume
Mood: I'm Cool~ (`・ω・´)”

Comments

Popular Posts