Well, at least it's related to the ocean in a way.

What time is it? Adventure- Noooo~ It's time for another review!

This time, I finally have the chance to review the SatoUmi units! I watched their MVs on when they were uploaded onto UFLICKS and I watched all of it again when they were uploaded onto the Satoyama Channel. I can say that I enjoyed watching the MVs and listening to the songs, I think they did well for Hello! Project's level. Well anyways, on with the review! /whoosh

First up, we got Dia Lady's Lady Mermaid. Now, to be honest, I was looking forward to this unit the most out of the three. I mean, we got ˚C-ute's Suzuki Airi and Berryz Koubou's Sugaya Risako together in one unit! Plus I really like their band name, keke. I feel like this is a good combination, and I really do like this unit out of the three. Their voices really complimented together in this song, which was a really big plus!

Now the MV setting was kinda iffy. Tsunku did note that their MV and song will have the rock-a-billy feel to it. So basically, we're heading back to the 60's. Oh boy, last I went back to the oldies, JUMP wore ridiculous outfits and I never watched that MV again. However, I was really surprised on how good the MV was! I actually really like the diner setting! I also really like their alternative outfits with the pink and purple, it was really cute and suited them! The black dresses suit them too, don't misunderstand! This turned out to be a really nice MV and I like it~

Now let's talk about the song. It really has the "party at the beach!" feel to it. Like as I listen to it, I have that "I'm at the beach" kind of feel to it. Iono. Anyways, how does being a sexy mermaid relate to saving the ocean in a way? /shrugs/ But the song really talks about beings friends during the summer time, but soon summer ended and they were separated and had to go back to the city. But no matter, they were still together. I was kinda confused about the song. Was this a story of friendship between two girls? Or was the usual love story between a girl and guy? I was kinda iffy on that but I actually did enjoy this song! I love it! Did you know for two days, after the MV was uploaded onto UFLICKS, I was listening to it nonstop.

Alright, now we got Mellowquad's Eiya-sa! Brother. Now, I wasn't really looking forward to this unit. It felt like Tsunku was just recycling people from DIY♡. Well Chissa wasn't in the unit, but you get what I mean! Again, wasn't looking forward to this unit. Miyabi is in too many sub-units and I was getting of Maimi just popping up in these sub-units too. Chinami .. I knew she was going to get nothing from this, tbh. Chissa, I felt bad for her.

So the MV was released on UFLICKS when I was still in summer school. So what did I do? I watched it during break time in class. How awkward. The MV was decent-enough. The set gave me that whole fish market/summer festival feel to it. I wish that they would actually film the MV in an actual festival, which would have been nice. The outfits were meh. I like the mascots though! They were a nice touch! Miyabi looked so creepy in this, like ayeeeeeeee. Miyabi's dialogue was so creepy, and have you seen what she looks like in this MV? Terrible! I though you were a fashion leader, Miya! Fix ya hair and make-up! Maimi was great in the MV, which I am relieved to know. Chinami got absolutely nothing from this and that is so sad. Chissa was so pretty and amazing, yet she barely got anything from this. Lol, like what the hell Tsunku?

So the song was about their "older brother" who happens to be a fisherman like their father. It was most about how her brother was her ideal, she admires him, looks up to him, she wants to be married to a man like her brother. In get to the point, she loves her brother. Well, looks like someone get a brother complex or something. Aye.Plus they have the suggestive dance moves and all that. I can admit that the song was nice to listen to, but knowing the meaning of the lyrics - I was creeped out. But in general, it was an okay song with an okay MV.

And finally, we got HI-FIN's (formerly known as Plumeria) Keigan Sensou Danshi. My gawd, why did you change your band's name! You had the prettiest name ever! Waeeeeeee? But HI-FIN is also a cute name, I guess. The unit consists of Eripon, Kanyon, Maimai, Ayumi, and Nacky! To be honest, besides Dia Lady, I was also looking forward to this unit too! To describe this unit in one word: cute.

The MV was really simple and nice, it mostly filmed at a beach house near the beach I'm assuming. It was really nice and I like the different scenes. The MV was really cute and the girls did such a great job! They looked so pretty in this MV and their outfits were so cute and suits them so well! This MV have me that summer time feel to it. I also like how the video was edited, it was different from what I'm used to seeing from Hello! Project. I also like the random scenes of the beach and there was a small puppy too! Hehe, cute!

The song was about how the girl falls in love with this handsome guy. But what she thought was supposed to be a date, the boy unexpectedly takes her to the beach and they end up cleaning it. Talk about like the worst date ever. But the girl doesn't mind, because she already fell in love with him and she can't leave him! It was a cute song and the dialogue in the middle was also cute and somehow fit the song, unlike Miyabi's creepy dialogue. I really enjoyed this MV~

Overall, I really like these units - well I'm still iffy about Mellowquad but I definitely love Dia Lady and HI-FIN and I hope they would release independent singles in the future! These songs are officially on my summer playlist and I do enjoy listening to them! Well another review finished! Please buy this single and support them! Until my next post~ Jyaa ne~
-----------------------------
Song: "Mikan" by Morning Musume
Mood: Busy  ψ(。。)

Comments

Popular Posts