Throwback Thrusday! Yamada Ryosuke's solo single "Mystery Virgin"

Don't misunderstand the single title, that's all I can say. On with the review~

I'm not sure if I have done a review on this yet but here it is anyways! My review on Yamada Ryosuke's Mystery Virgin which brought all of his fans into tears. I actually bought his single, six months after it was released. I wanted to buy the Limited B, which has the MV for Moonlight which I shall also review as well, but it was sold out in less than 10 minutes online! Whoooa, take it easy fandom. Just calm down, my god. Oh well, at least I got his single, hehe~

I'm getting a Devil Survivor 2 vibe from this gif. Lol. Anyways, let's start off with the MVs! First we got the MV for "Mystery Virgin" which was really ... eh, complicated. I didn't really understand the concept of this MV so I'm not gonna comment much on it except for the fact that there's an evil Ryo-chan in the MV! Oooooh~ Love~ But he had to go away, oh wells. I actually really liked the setting for this MV even though it kinda look cheap. It was white and silvery at the same time, and it was really simple and pretty so I liked it~ The outfit was okay but I really liked the hoodie! It was so cool. The dance was also pretty cool too but they should have worked on it more since it was kinda bland. So overall, despite it being a bit of cheap but simple MV, I really came to like it.

Now we got the MV for Moonlight~ I honestly wished they made an MV for Asia no Yoru as well, but since so many fans liked Moonlight, it's obvious that they would do an MV for Moonlight. Now this MV contrasted Mystery Virgin on so many levels. We got Mystery Virgin which was completely white and all digital and all that~ Then we got Moonlight, which was all black and vintage and mysterious~ I honestly love the MV for Moonlight more. It really caught my eye on how nice it looked even though it was a cheap MV as well. It gave me that mysterious aura to it, like you're trapped in a never-ending dream or nightmare. It was like fairytale~ Haha~ So yea, I love the MV~

Now on with the songs! First we got the title track: Mystery Virgin. Now again, don't misunderstand the title. It's very typical for me, like even though it's a decent song, I kinda expected it to be like this. Plus it was the ending theme for Ryosuke's and Daiki's movie "Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo ~Hong Kong Kowloon Zaiho Satsujin Jiken~" tbh, I only watched it because of Wu Chun and Dai-chan and Haruna-san. Haha~ I really did like when Ryosuke sung "Mystery~" and it was autotuned. Honestly, I felt that Johnny should have autotuned the entire song. Not that Ryosuke's a bad singer (although he's slowly going downhill now), it just would have been better a bit. And honestly, I wanna see what an autotuned Johnny's song would be! Haha! Overall, it was decent.

Next we got Moonlight, which I kinda got sick of hearing now. It was a decent song. It always been a decent song. To be honest, it really reminded me of his solo of Hitomi no Screen. I guess the aura the songs gives off are kinda of the same so yeaa. I kinda wished that he would record a studio version of his solo of Hitomi no Screen, even the original song itself was all him. But I did kinda wish that it was on the single instead of Moonlight. I don't know. Overall, it's okay. It would have been better if they remixed it in some way to make it different.

Next is one of his most well-known solos which is Asia no Yoru. Now it's practically the same thing as Moonlight. Sounds decent, Ryosuke's sounds decent, blah blah blah.I really wished the remixed this because it still has that Spanish feel to it, which isn't bad but I wish they tried to go with something different. Like autotuning it. Yea, I honestly want to see what happens if they autotuned it. Sorrynotsorry. But overall, meh it's okay.

And then we have Gin no Sekai ... blah, blah I can't remember the rest of the song title and I ain't got bother. I mean, ain't nobody got time for that yo. This felt like a nice little ballad that Ryosuke wrote, like a nice little winter ballad that should be in a K-drama or so. At first, this bored me. It felt like a Hello! Project ballad to me so I was all "meh, whatever." However, I soon took the time to listen to it and it actually was really nice. But still, sounds like a ballad in a K-Drama. Lol.

And finally, we got his cover of KinKi Kids' Ai no Katamari. Johnny, this may be a cover and the instrumental might be slightly redone, but this is better than the rest of the b-sides of the single. This is not good at all, Johnny. Ai no Katamari, I didn't really expect must from it since it was just a cover and everyone heard it already. However, when I listened to it, I actually really enjoyed it. And that's not good, Johnny you need to work on your b-sides more. My god. But it's was a pretty good song to listen to, btw.

Overall, even though in this review it may not sound like it, I actually did enjoy listening to this single. Well it was Ryosuke's first single and it did had decent sales on the Oricon charts. I know JE can do better on their singles so I'm hoping that if Ryosuke ever gets himself a second solo single, I hope that JE would be better the next time. This was a really good decent single and yea. That's all for this Throwback Thrusday post~ Jyaa ne~
---------------------------------------
Song: "Miss You" by AAA / "BLUE BIRD" by Hamasaki Ayumi
Mood: I'm Okay  (*´・v・)

Comments

Popular Posts